September 2010 - version 2.12 released
SMD available software
SMD is making its full source code available free of charge under the MIT license. It comes with some installation instructions, and some reasonable documentation, but be warned that getting SMD up and running at your institution is no trivial task. You will need at least the following items:
- Oracle Server software, at least version 9.0.
- A database administrator, with Oracle experience.
- A web server (we use Apache with tomcat).
- A good system administrator
- Java 1.5 or greater
- Perl, and various modules (detailed in documentation that comes with the download).
- Someone with experience writing and debugging Java, Perl and C programs.
If you do have all the above items, your chances are slightly better ;-).
In addition, the source code to XCluster may also be downloaded through this registration and download process.
Getting the softwareTo get the software, you must agree to the software license, and register. You will then be emailed a password. If you already have a username and password, you may proceed directly to the download area
Giving FeedbackWe appreciate any and all feedback, good or bad, that will help us improve SMD, and add new tools, or means of storing data in SMD. You can send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, and can post questions to the SMD development forum.
There is a document of a successful install in Linux available here
Please send comments or questions to: email@example.com